Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mini-fruit, Color and Hi-Res Produce

When we take the varmints shopping, 
we let them pick out fruits & veggies.

We do it mostly to keep them busy, but also because 
it gives them this big sense of power.

For some reason lately, they've been drawn to the miniature fruit.
Like mini apples.

And these cumquats.

I can certainly understand the attraction.

it even gets to ME sometimes. 
Then, the next thing I know,
instead of working, I'm shooting fruit...

...and onions.
Just LOOK at the color on this onion.

I should be working, I know.
What are YOU doing, instead of doing what you're supposed to do?
And does anyone out there need hi-res produce pics?
I know where you can find some.
xoh





9 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I read blogs instead of studying and learning German, that ultimately would help me adjust here. Love the fruit and veggies pictures...

jae said...

I'm going thru your blog when I should be working. Just found you and love it here...always a sucker for a good sense of dry humor. We love Go Dog Go, too. Whenever our pup gets in the car, he goes right for the driver's seat and we all say, Go Dog Go!

Jean Martha said...

I love that they get to police the fruits & veggies. So cute!

I've never eaten a cumquat. Hmm. Is it clementine life?

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

gorgeous pics! man, I love onions!

pve design said...

I just finished making lasagna and home-made pizza and fresh broccoli, salad- for my neighbor who just went back to work - and I know dinner time is the "cranky" time - she has 3 under the age of 4. This is a Southern way - we all help with food. I wish you were here to photograph it! Your photos are glorious.
pve

Julia said...

Those miniature fruits are great!

Magpie said...

That onion has a lot of personality.

As do you. Happy to have spent time with you this afternoon.

Leciawp said...

great pics Heidi!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

love these! so pretty! and delishiss!