Friday, April 3, 2009

Kitchen Floor

This avocado-green linoleum floor was glued to this house in 1960.
I wonder how many children have played on it since then.
While mama cooked dinner, or daddy made pancakes...
How many snippets of conversation does this floor remember?
"...I think I'm 6 weeks late."
"I was laid-off at work today."
"Mama, I don't feel goo...blaaaaargh $#*yrh##!!!"

p.s... this is not one of MY varmints. We're not quite as color coordinated.
But we go back a loooong way.... back to when she was measured in pixels :-)

6 comments:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

such a beuatiful photo...i love it...are you rubbing vaseline on your lens? wow!

Julia said...

I love the idea of creating stories around such a permenant fixture in your house!

Leciawp said...

really nice thoughts Heidi. Happy weekend! xoxo

Debra said...

If this floor could talk. It is like a member of your family-tread lightly-ha!

Cheryl said...

Very nice post. I must be horomonal or something because it made me quite weepy :)

Janet said...

Oh, I love this post :-)