Friday, May 23, 2008

Addicted to Shells

I'm addicted to shells. I like to find them, sort them, look at them, think about them...



Here I am in full shell-hunting attire... see the little paperbags I'm holding? They're from the Hotel, & meant to be used for sanitary napkin disposal. Perfect for shell booty. Don't tell anyone.


Barb gave us this gorgeous shell plate on our wedding.


These are tiny shells & beachglass bits that I collected on my honeymoon. I filled-up a small shampoo bottle with them. Ain't it cute?

5 comments:

Mrs.French said...

Oh how I love shells too. When we moved to Portland I was so excited to go to the Oregon Coast and look for shells. Needless to say it was a bit disappointing. Either this is not the coast to go hunting or we were on the wrong beach...Oh and very impressed with you collection containers.

design for mankind. said...

Awww, what a lovely memory.

Katrine K said...

Me too, I love shells! And these are wonderful! You could allways put them in an empty box...thanks for the comment!

diana @ please sir said...

I agree - they are great, natural pieces to add to any home!

pve design said...

I love shells too.
I posted about them awhile back, we used to go to Myrtle Beach and the shops had "shell people" - we would run back and collect shells and make our own little village people of shells.
That plate is WOW!