Wednesday, September 16, 2009

10 Years Ago Today...

I woke up to the sounds of a hurricane.
I was in Queens with the Hubby, who was not my Hubby. Yet.
The intercom from the school was blarring: 
"SCHOOL IS CLOSED TODAY."
I picked myself up. Dragged myself to work.
In the evening, he surprised me with a dinner reservation at a 
I had lived across the street from this place for years, 
yet never ate there.
I wore a long black silk gown with high-heeled strappy shoes.
There were no limos idling on the block that night.
We were soaked just crossing the street.
I can't remember what I ordered,
only that there was warm chocolate soufflé for dessert.
2 hours later, we were back in bed.
Listening to the hurricane.

9 comments:

Frau said...

Great memories are the best...Happy 10 years of wonderful memories.

Elena said...

Happy Birthday! 10 years...wonderful! xoxo

Pickle Horwitz said...

What loveliness!

A Day That is Dessert said...

Dreamlike description. Happy 10 years!

G-Ro said...

HAPPY BLOGGY BUNNY BIRTHDAY!

Jenni said...

Happy Day to You.

Maggie's garden said...

Happy happy!! What a sweet memories.

pve design said...

I have never met Mr.Faboo,
but I like him already.
pve

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I agree with PVE...Mr. Faboo is indeed just that. :-)