Saturday, June 13, 2009

Faboo Banana Fritters


This recipe starts with a few brown bananas. 


Add 1 small varmint.




Peel & slice the 'nanas.
Ask the varmint to sprinkle on some cinnamon... 
They seem to like doing this.


Then some nutmeg...

[  At art school, I heard that nutmeg makes you hallucinate. Is that true? ]




Do some mashing.
Add some whole wheat flour.
[ 1.5 TBS per banana ]


Keep mashing.


Stop when it feels like cookie batter,
and it looks like this:


Spoon some dollops in a hot-oiled frying pan.
[ remove varmint before frying.]

Sizzle until brown on both sides.


Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, & serve.

9 comments:

modernemama said...

The cuteness abounds

Magpie said...

You cook too?

Kwana said...

Yum. I should not have looked at this hungry.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yum sounds delish!

svelteSTUFF said...

mmm... them black 'nanas on my counter are a callin' me!

Bradford said...

I LOVE banana fritters. I might have to try this. Can I borrow your varmint?

Janet said...

I remember that as being something my Grandmother made, often!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Holy crap these sound good! Should have eaten today...

I love nutmeg, by the way. That certainly explains something.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

looks dah-licious!!! (especially varmint with banana sticker on head)