Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Day That Farah Fawcett Appeared in Our Basement


In a bizarre chain of events, my old buddy RW was in town visiting, & we had just had an intellectual discussion about who could possibly be the Farrah Fawcett of the 2000's. We tossed around Jennifer Aniston, (no) Brittany Spears, (nope) and decided that NO ONE could replace Farrah. Then THIS appeared in my basement art gallery. An authentic Farrah poster from 1977. Turns out that Hubby put it up there, in honor of his impending elementary school reunion.


This was my chance to run away.


But I'm glad I stayed. We laughed, cried, screamed & ate. We saw ourselves in our kids. It was amazing, healing & joyful. Hubby will be up for hours recounting every conversation. C& K: our excursion was the highlight of my day!
Here is the motley crew trying to behave long enough for pictures...

3 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

sounds like a wonderful time!

love the poster :)

Mrs.French said...

Hilarious! I am so jealous of those who enjoy their reunions....I avoid mine like the plague.

pve design said...

A gathering of angels.
Looks like a wonderful time, too bad Farah could not attend.